Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Choose Your Own Adventure (Grace)

I dont know if you remember those "choose your own adventure" books where you got to make decisions and the story would unfold based on those decisions...  Life is kinda like that too and this blog has that simple style too (but only 1 question as I like to keep it short).

Q1:  If all your accomplishments big and small were stripped away and shown to have no worth, would you be OK standing before God with nothing but your sinful, selfish, self to offer?  Would you be OK?  Why or why not?

Option A:  If your answer is "Yes, I'm OK because that's how grace works." then from that place (all of your accomplishments being worth nothing), how do you operate today, this week, month, year?  What do you aim at?  What is really important?

Option B:  If your answer is, "No, I'd be scared, ashamed and fearful standing there, a sinner." then I'd encourage you to sit down in that place before God and watch how He treats anyone who comes to Him. As you sit and watch God interact with the sinners who come, I think you will be surprised and likely overwhelmed.  You may be tempted to cry out "it's not fair" as you see worse sinners than you freely accepted and loved by God. 

(INSERT TIME HERE TO PONDER AND THINK)

Here are a few verses for you...

  • A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. (Isa 42:3)
  • All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. (John 6:37)
  • "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends." (Rev 3:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment