Sunday, September 15, 2019

Recent Inspiration - Prayer-Faith-Trust

So after some great fellowship last night and listening to a sermon this morning (Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? at Grace Roseville) I'm inspired to ponder and think :)

Two main actionable takeaways for me:
1) More time in prayer (for work, home, school, others, etc.)
2) More faith and trust in God (living as if He's got my back in all things)

I think it's progressive and building. I like formulas so here's my formula:
Foundation: Repent from sin. We are all sinners and need to continually acknowledge and repent from our sin. A good checking question: What sin do I have in my life (thought, word & deed) today that I have not repented from? (repent is to do a 180 and walk away from it completely, no turning back)
Level 1: Obedience. We are not to judge or decide a la cart what to do, we are to listen and obey. God is very clear in this matter (ref Bible). A friend of mine shared a quote that "we are responsible to obey the outcome/result is God's responsibility." WOW! This is really freeing and totally makes sense. We are not God so all we're just responsible to follow orders. He is responsible for results. WOW.
Level 2: Faith/Trust. Building on the foundation (sinner saved by grace and beloved of the Father) and level 1 (obedience) we enter into faith/trusting in God's promises. This includes that His timing will most likely not align with ours, but that's why we are trusting him.
Level 3: Life to the fullest (John 10:10). I'd argue that with a firm foundation and solid levels 1 & 2 we can freely enjoy the life God has for us, life to the fullest. Let's enter into the joy of our master (Matt 25:23). Onward, upward & heavenward :)

Sooooo, what level are you operating at? Are any of your levels not completely solid/secure? If not, work it! (that's what I plan to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment