Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why Blog? (who IS my audience?)

Windy cold night in MN, cozied up by the fire with cashews and Coke with a little rum :)
     Why am I here?  Why am I writing?  Who cares what I have to say anyway?  All good questions!
     I'm here because Facebook is a little much.  Seriously, are you really "friends" with 1,546 people or does the deception of Facebook make you think you are?  Don't get me wrong, I am on Facebook (all things to all people...) but if you know me, you know I'd prefer to see people live and in person (strange concept, I know). 
     Really, I'm here because I can't be constrained to a 140 character "tweet".  I might have more to say!
     OK then, why don't I just keep scribbling and bibbling in my journal?  Don't worry, I'll still do that :)  Only here will be my more refined thoughts.  It's the information age - I'm DIVING in (oooh, look at me, aren't I trendy...)
     Two other reasons I'm here:  #1 What the heck, why not?!  #2  You can comment on my blogs.  Tell me I'm off my rocker or should get more sleep or probably most likely, I should work on my grammer.  So I dare ya.  Tell me what you think.
      Speaking of you, let's talk about you for a bit.  Who are you anyway?!  Well, for starters the first yous are probably my close friends/family that out of courtesy decided to check out "Ben's new blog".  After that, maybe (or maybe not) you might read an interesting post and pass it along to a friend.  This happens over and over again (since my posts are oh so insightful and thought provoking) and eventually this blog is the most well read blog on the web!!!  My secret plan to influence the world!!!  (insert sinister laugh here)  Then, I'll put a few ads on the blog, retire early with all the revenue and blog from my private island in the Caribbean.  Hey if you are meeting all your goals, your not challenging your self, so what the heck, let's see where this goes... 

1 comment: