Thursday, April 14, 2011

Part of my problem...

and I say part, because I'm sure I have more problems...  :)

So it's been a busy week as they usually are.  I think I know what part of my problem is:  I'm in between fully living in the peace filled new life that God has for me and falling back to the "I gotta do it all myself go go go" mentality.  See graphic below...


So the text describes how well we know and understand God's grace, love and acceptance of us as His precious creation (see 1 John 3:1).  The blue bars represent the relative level of stress (or lack of peace) in our lives.  Guess where I am.  Yep, I'm in the big blue bar much of the time which is really switching back and forth between no stress on the right and lots of stress on the left.  Why is it higher than both then?  Good question!  The middle bar is lower because when God's on the back burner, things are OK (or so they seem).  The big bar is big because this is when we know and have tasted the goodness of God (Psalm 34:8) so we are genuinely troubled (and kicking ourselves) when we are not living the peace filled life that we could be.  Genuinely troubling!!

So that's where I am.  Why do I share this?  Why do I post my thoughts and ponderings?  Because I hope that they might be helpful to you on your journey.  Feel free to post a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment