Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Brief Thought

Cease striving.  Be still and know that I am God (Ps 46:10).

For those of you that know me, you know how busy and full I pack my life.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there's little "margin time" if you know what I mean.  Funny being as how "margin time" (unscheduled time, where I'm not running to the next thing) is one of my favorite times.  This is probably a symptom of a too full life.  

Picture your favorite drink being poured for you and the server intentionally pours 5 glasses worth into your glass.             More is not always better.  

You may not have time for this (pun intended) but I googled "margin time sermon"...  Several hits.  Here's a link to one...    http://dashhouse.com/sermons/2000/9/17/building-margin-into-your-life.html

I'll end with an excerpt (emphasis added)...
Less productivity - It's ironic, but marginless living results in reduced productivity. The harder we work, sometimes the less we get done. Proverbs 21:5 says, "Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty." Hasty shortcuts can slow you down. It can make you feel like "the faster I go, the more behind I get." This is counter-intuitive, but most of us would get more done if we slowed down. We would be more focused. We would have more time for what matters most. Proverbs 19:2 says, "A person who moves too quickly may go the wrong way."

See also my blog post "never enough time" from 4/3/11


No comments:

Post a Comment